Most Commonly Asked Questions
When do I get my card?
Typically, you will receive the e-card immediately after you have completed the course if it is taken at WE R CPR®. It is required that you pass all of the necessary requirements for course completion to receive the card. See further details under course description.
If you don’t receive the email from firstname.lastname@example.org, you can text eCard to 51736 to receive a link to claim your card via text message. You can Also contact We R CPR by phone 423-553-0400 or email us at email@example.com
“Message and data rates may apply”
Privacy Statement: https://cpr.heart.org/en/about-us/statements-and-policies/privacy-statement
Why do I have to prepay for my class?
Because our classes have a student limit, we enroll students on a first-come, first-serve basis, and if we held spaces for people who didn’t pay and reached our maximum, we would have to turn away people who were willing to prepay for that seat in the class. Plus, we’ve learned that a non-paying reservation has a 60% higher chance of not showing up. i.e. wasting a reservation.
**You can come in to register and pay cash, credit card or debit card.
I missed a class, do I have to pay to reschedule to join another class?
Yes you will need to pay for the new class.
Absolutely NO REFUND will be given for less than 4 days notice or for those who do not show up for a class or who are late and are turned away.
Can I cancel or reschedule a class?
Yes , you can cancel a class. Absolutely NO REFUND will be given for less than 4 days notice of cancellation or for those who do not show up for a class or who are late and are turned away.
If you choose to cancel a class with more than a 4 day notice , you will receive a partial refund that includes the 25% cancellation fee.
There is no charge if you need to reschedule the class one time to another date or time with in 60 days of the original class.
Can I pay for a class on the day of the class?
We require payment before the class to attend. If a company is invoiced and payment is not received before the class, your certification card will be sent via email upon payment after you complete the class. All other students will receive their ecard immediately after class.
Can We R CPR teach a class at my facility?
Yes. If you have a group of 5 or more people, WE R CPR will come to your facility providing you have adequate space to accommodate everyone. We will bring all of the necessary equipment with us to teach the class. It can be customized to fit your specific needs. Give us a call at 423.553.0400
I need to get a class now. Can I have a personal class?
Absolutely, we understand that sometimes schedules don’t match and you can’t make one of our regularly scheduled classes. We will be happy to do a personal, 1-on-1 training, but there is a $100 additional fee added to each class to cover instructor and overhead costs.
What is included in my course fees?
All AHA course fees include pertinent supplies and materials (breathing barriers, videos, manikins, etc.), however, American Heart Association booklets are sold separately. AHA books can be purchased when you register for class or you can come to the office to . You may request that your instructor bring these books to the class for you to purchase.
There is a travel fee for on-site workplace training, although we do require a minimum number people (depending on course and location). Payment/deposit is due prior to the beginning of class, unless otherwise arranged. Refunds are available if We R CPR cancels a program. Refunds may be given if the student canceled within 48 hours of scheduling an alternative date with a 25% cancellation fee. There is no refund if you fail to show without contacting us in advance.
When should I schedule a class?
We advise you to book as soon as you are sure of which program you need and what dates work for you. Simply call us at 423.553.0400 to get exact dates and times or to book a convenient date for your group.
Can I just do the skills test at We R CPR?
Yes. It is possible that after you have taken the American Heart Association online portion of the class, to schedule a time to come by WE R CPR® and take the skills portion. There is an additional charge to the online fee at AHA for doing this. Sign up for the skills session under the class schedule.
How long do certifications last?
Health Care Provider BLS: 2 years
Heart Saver CPR/AED: 2 years
First Aid: 2 years
ACLS: 2 years
PALS: 2 years
Emergency Oxygen: 1 year
Bloodborne pathogen: 1 year
How Do I Claim My AHA eCard
- If you do not receive this email from heart.org, please check your Spam or Junk folders first. To try to prevent the email from being marked as Spam or Junk, please add the email address eCards@heart.org to your Address Book or Contacts in your email server.
- The link within the email will direct you to the Student Profile webpage, which will be prepopulated with your first name, last name, email address, eCard code, AHA Instructor name, and Training Center information.
Please check that this information is correct. If it is not, please contact us at 423.553.0400
- Once you have confirmed that your information is accurate, you will set up a security question and answer to access your eCard(s) in the future.
- After setting up your security question and answer, accept the terms and conditions of the site and click “Submit.”
- You will be directed to fill out a brief survey about the AHA course you just completed. Your answers to these questions will help improve the quality of future AHA trainings.
- After you complete the survey, your eCard will be displayed. You will have 3 options to view or print it:
- Save as PDF: Upon choosing your preferred size to view, you can save your eCard to your computer for future use.
- QR Code: For students with a QR code reader, you can access your eCard on a mobile device as needed.
- Printing: Your eCard can be viewed as a PDF and can be printed either wallet size (2.5” x 3.5”) to be cut out or full size (8.5” x 11”) for easy filing.
Please note that if you do not claim your eCard, you will not be able to show proof of course completion to your employer. If your employer requires proof of completion, you can email them a copy from the eCard landing page.
OR If you did not receive the email to claim your ecard. Please follow the directions below to claim it directly from the website.
- Click here View Ecard
- Click on the tab that says student.
- Type in your name and email address that you used in class
- Click search.
- Choose your communication preferences at the top, then scroll down and you will see your card. Your card will say unclaimed, and below you will see a button that says “claim”. Click the “claim” button to set up your card.
- It will ask you to set up a security question and fill in your answer for future access to your card.
- Next will be an evaluation, fill that in.
- Then your card should be ready to go. You will have the option to print you card in certificate size or wallet size. It will pull up in a PDF format so if you want to save it to your device you can. There will also be an email button that you can email your card to your employer/school.
What If I Lost My eCard?
You can view your eCard online through the AHA’s website, View Ecard, at any time. Simply enter your first name, middle initial and last name and email address, or the eCard code found on your eCard.
Your employer can verify your eCard at View Ecard to confirm issuance by a valid Training Center and Instructor aligned with that Training Center. Employers are only able to verify your card if you have completed steps 1-5 above.
If you don’t receive the email from firstname.lastname@example.org, you can text eCard to 51736 to receive a link to claim your card via text message.“Message and data rates may apply”
You can also contact We R CPR by phone 423-553-0400 or email us at email@example.com
How Do I File A Complaint?
Complaints about products or services that are not related to an American Heart Association course can be submitted by phone, fax, e-mail or letter.
Complaints about issues concerning American Heart Association courses, instructors, instructor candidates, Regional Faculty, Training Center Faculty or Training Center Coordinator may be submitted to the Training Center in writing and must contain the following information:
- The name, address and email address of the person making the complaint. Complainants may not remain anonymous.
- The name and address of the person and/or organization against which the complaint is made.
- A detailed written description of the dispute, complaint, or problem (who, what, when, where, and why).
- Reference to the appropriate rule, standard, and/or guidelines related to the matter if known.
- Copies of all related correspondence, records and other documentation.
Complaints will be responded to within ten (10) days.
Click Here to file a complaint
Get In Touch
5959 Shallowford Rd STE 227
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Mon : 8:30 am – 05:30 pm
Tue : 8:30 am – 08:00 pm
Wed : 8:30 am – 04:00 pm
Thu : 8:30 am – 07:00 pm
Fri : 8:30 am – 04:00 pm
Sat & Sun : By Appointment