CPR Manikin Decontamination Procedure
Purpose: To ensure that all BLS manikins are cleaned in accordance with American Heart Association guidelines.
Scope: TC Coordinator, Lead Instructor, TC Faculty and BLS Instructors
Policy: All BLS manikin decontamination/cleaning will be done using current American Heart Association guidelines.
- Remove all non-disposable parts and vigorously wash with soap and water using a scrub brush.
- Thoroughly rinse all non-disposable parts and submerge them in a solution of ¼ cup bleach to 1 gallon of water. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse all non-disposable parts and place on clean towels to dry.
- Once a month wash all of the manikin’s clothes.
- Wipe manikin face and mouth with alcohol between each use: Leave the surface wet for at least 30 seconds before wiping